Friday, July 15, 2011

An Unofficial Goodbye

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.  
Flavia Weedn

It seems like just yesterday that I arrived in Arusha. It seems like just yesterday that I fought with my mosquito net for the first time, killed 100 crazy bugs, and woke up to the erratic rooster next door. It all seems like just yesterday…and now I’m packed and leaving in a couple of hours. I don’t know at what point this all happened but, I fell in love here. I fell in love with life and nature, and finding beauty in everything. I thought that I was ready to go, but yesterday I realized that I’m not. Yesterday I had the chance to go on a safari to the Ngorongoro Crater, which is a conservation area for atleast 25,000 animals. Not many people living in Tanzania have the opportunity to see this area, so I am very grateful that I experienced it. Driving in our car we saw lions, zebra, elephants, wildebeests, hippos, and much more. At one point we stopped for a break to stretch, and zebra walked right in front of us. Not many people in life get to experience this, so I wanted to share it with you. I was in awe of the beauty that was right before me. I wasn’t thinking of anything but the moment that I was living in, taking in each breath with thanks to God.













I’m going home now, and sad to leave Tanzania. This has been the experience of a lifetime, and I won’t let this goodbye be the last. In just six weeks I’ve grown as a person. I’ve learned so much about people, and myself. The world is at my fingertips, and I don’t want to let it go. I know this is a short blog post, but I am heading to the airport soon, ready to conquer the 24 hours of flying ahead of me. I’m so thankful for this trip, and welcoming the journey ahead of me. I’m thankful for parents that supported me on this adventure, and all the friends and family that gave me encouragement. I fell in love with Tanzania, and it doesn’t end here…

Fall in love, and do it over and over again.
xx

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful pictures BFF. I'm glad you had such a great time. I hope you get to go back someday (preferably sooner rather than later). :)

    ReplyDelete