Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Theres a First Time for Everything


"You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you'll be the guy who'll decide where you'll go....Oh the places you'll go...."
 - Dr. Seuss

There are a few things in life that I do not enjoy. Well, actually, there are more than a few, but that is beside the point. Here are a few of my secrets that not many people know:
  1.  I hate wet socks
  2. I do not enjoy chocolate
  3. I hate those moments when I get deodorant on the outside of my clothes and I cant get it off
  4. I really don't like change
  5. I hate flying on airplanes
If you are still reading this blog I hope that I have caught some of your interest. I am not a prolific writer by any means, but I’m pretty sure Shakespeare never thought his stories would be epic. My name is Taylor, my stories will be nothing compared to Shakespeare, however, I’ve got something he never had. I’m in Africa right now and sharing my true, firsthand experience with the world….so beat that Hamlet.

For six weeks I am living in Arusha, Tanzania. I bet you’re thinking “wowww…” and have zero percent idea of where that is. Let me help you out a little bit…


 Arusha is a beautiful city located in East Africa. In my short time of being here I have been surrounded by some of the most kind and proud people that I have ever met.

No- there are not people running around in loin cloth
No- there is not a war occurring around me
No- I am not starving because of lack of food
And No- it is not uncivilized in any way

A special friend of mine told me to experience, learn, and teach…so that’s what I’m doing. There are not many people who have the chance to take a journey across the world and live a dream. God has truly blessed me. He blessed me with a mother who believes in me and helped me take this trip. He blessed me with eyes to see a new world. He blessed me with hands to type this message. Lastly, He blessed me with a heart. I want to share my heart with you; my feelings, my thoughts. I want you to see what I see.
Karibu.  Welcome….

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you spoke out against some common misconceptions. And I like the map you included. You're really blog savvy BFF. :)

    ReplyDelete